Friday, March 5, 2010

Redding California

Boy these little laptops are hard to type on! I'm fat fingering all over the place....

Where were we? Oh right, Redding. So we got to Redding and it was pouring rain...simply pouring. We looked to the West and it was so socked in with black clouds...

We pulled over and tried to decide what to do. Linda had looked up the weather forecast for us and she told us it would be rainy all week.

So...should we go out to the Coast and drive down in the rain? What fun is that? And we remembered a trip we took to the Oregon Coast several years ago. It was so foggy we couldn't even SEE the coast. I knew all that beautiful coastline was out there but it was nowhere to be seen. We actually had to go BACK another time, just to see those gorgeous rocks!

Gman suggested I go on the Weather website and see what was happening down South. Hmmm, looked like LA wasn't too bad, altho they were going to get rain on the weekend. What about Palm Springs? Well, it looked warmer and sunnier there.

Fark it, we decided, we would just start driving South. We wanted sunshine and heat. So we kept driving South. IF the weather turned nicer by the time we had to start back up North, we could drive back UP by way of the Coast.

That's not as nice as driving DOWN the Coast. We'd be on the "wrong side" for all the pullouts along the highway. And, for the driver, it is a lot nicer (and safer!) to view the scenery driving down. A LOT of neck turning would be happening if we did the Coast trip going UP.

Oh well!

Guess I will have to change the name of this blog, ha! Maybe I should call it "Freezing our Butts Off in Cali" instead! The weather has been unreal.

Seriously, I was warmer in Canada than I have been down here! As I type this, there is frost on the windows, even tho the sun is shining. Hopefully, later this morning, it warms up!

1 comment:

  1. I tried to warn you Annie! I even posted a comment on your other blog about "what sunshine?" LOL I have been reading it is cold everywhere. Florida is gotten colder this year, this time of year than it has since 1955! However, it was very nice and sunny here yesterday. Today we have a serious cloud cover and it is chilly this morning...

    Here's hoping you find some sunshine!!! I wouldn't mind some myself for an extended period of time... but we always say that until it is 100*F and then we wish for cold once more...

    {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete